Of Red and White

You know that unavoidable moment when your wife asks you to be a little more frequent in saying that you love her. I wonder if my country Indonesia could speak, She'd asks the same out of all the people who born, live, breathe, feed, and love in Her bosom.

From now on, I promise to proclaim my love for Indonesia a bit more often. For no particular reason really. I just love this country so much, the people, the beauty of the land, the culture (I mean we have 400 different tribes, and 400 or more languages for God sake), the never ending promise, pride, and joy this land has given to me. To us.

I don't really care what people may say.

This high time is exactly the reason I get so angry to see politicians, time and again, fail to live up to the pride of our flag. Politics have been such a dog eat dog arena, and have drag this great nation to places She isn’t suppose to.

I can’t do anything about that now. We can’t do much more about that now. Nevertheless, there’s nothing wrong in showing your love to your country from time to time.

In this troubled times we might want to remember the old cliché asking about what have you done to your country. I wish in the end I could die and be able to proudly say that I've given everything that I could to serve my country.

( This is for all my high school friends who serve in Lebanon, I envy you guys! )

0 comments: