Of Coming Back

Almost 2 years have past since the last journal. A lot have happened but to be honest I'm not sure they'll make a good reading. The last couple of weeks however, something tickled me to do this time consuming and not necessarily productive blog trawling. My life was sailing along real fine, now I'm starting to miss deadlines and end up arguing some insignificants with strangers over the internet.

Blogging for me is a pretentious habit. Often times I was trying too hard to look cleverer than I really am. Using some big words and pseudo intellectual analysis talking about things beyond my pay grade. There, see i did it again. Looking back to what I've written so far sometimes embarrass me, it's not even funny.

Those were the days huh.

Wish I could just write something for private, for archiving sake. When I get older, as something my kids will read to me in my death bed. But then I argue myself, where's the fun in that? It's a lot nicer to write something that some people, even in small number, could read and relate to.

Mind you, I used to have a journal (ehem diary) in junior high. Putting all the name of girls I fancy inside. My late sis (bless her) stole and read it. I knew I should've wrote it in magic ink. Well, let's just say, paranoia has haunt me since.

Indonesian blogosphere though has changed a lot this few years. Encouraging to see the variety of quality and quantity posts by fellow countrymen. Some prominent names has risen to the fore and maintain quality for years. There are some cliques, elites who hounds off in packs those daring to voice dissenting opinions. There are people making real money out of blog and there are skeptics. A national convention in the name of Indonesian Blogger Party even held successfully a while ago. Things are looking promising.

Along with my trawling madness I found one particular blog which air my exact feeling about a lot of subjects, it's scary, only he put it in a much cooler fashion and far more articulate. I would have give you the link, but I’m afraid you'll just stop there and never return.

Phew, finished my first post. For your information, I wrote this on a non air-conditioned commute. We'll get into that later. Here's hoping for more journal to come.

0 comments: