The Fame Game

Ain’t living in the internet era is a grand. People can always do some online test, and put it in their blog, journal, site, or whatever and proclaimed that they’re this and that. We bypass these thousands of years proven tradition of socializing. Back when people judge and mark us by our ability to perform and act in real life. Now we can always tick some boxes and easily claim that we are a benevolent leader, a charitable creator, a great kisser or summat. We do it colorful and frequent enough people might starting to believe it.

I wonder why we do it. I guess so that when we’re online and check our inboxes, we can see the little flashing icons. And we go, all right, messages. People apparently need that. It's very important for human beings to feel popular and well liked amongst a large group of people we don't really care for.

Everybody like to think that their life is worthy of a story, of a sitcom or even movie. Everybody think that what they've going trough should be put in broader audiences and be appreciated and applauded. This is in no way a bad thing. It can be a very good phenomenon. Again I drew parallel that back then someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. That is why everybody would do just about anything to be famous, even on the internet. We have these Most Famous Friendster, Multipliers, or whatever networking website there is. And we admire them and think that they are special because hey, he’s got 500 contacts you know ;) That’s quite a special achievement.

Oh by the way, this is an auto critic mostly directed at me (and some other distant net user far far away from my contact list) and in no way directed at you, my friends who sometimes visit my pages. And I humbly appreciate you coming and comments on some of my rants really. Please do come again soon :) I enjoy your company and thank you.

0 comments: